Saturday, January 15, 2011

Back down to earth....sigh

Hello! I am back at the Internet cafe!!!!!! There was a fire in an apartment building a week and a half ago....everyone made it out safely (thank goodness) although the building is gutted, leaving over 100 people homeless and in search of accommodation. Nelson has rallied around these people and it has been a hart warming and sad week. Although the fire does not directly affect me it has made it impossible to find a cheaper living space in town. Valley living continues. This also means that after some serious number crunching I can not afford to rent the office/gallery/work space. That plan was contingent on lowering my living costs. I am sad and disappointed. It is however not the end of the world....and the valley really is quite lovely...at least for a bit!! Upwards and onwards!!! I am back at the restaurant today, in fact in 10 minutes...hash browns with your eggs??? I also have been submerging myself in art...a hippo being carried by a girl in a crazy pink hat in the snow!!!!!!!!!!! Cathrine, I will post pictures soon(ish) I would LOVE for you to have another piece....your comment made my trying week end with a smile and burst of excitement!! We will talk soon!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW. I thought right away that moving back to town will be very hard right now as 100 people need places to live. Nelson sounds devastated.
    SHIT. All my love to you kim. I have been sick since the moring of Jan 1st.
    I feel shitty but have to keep going. I got a job too. I am a temp theatre intern at the push festival here in Van. I am working on a 3 week installation piece about the folks in IQALUIT. one of the most forgotten about people far up north. So there is a metal igloo HUGE by the way, and inside there multiple screens and headphones to listen to story telling. YAAA!!! good pay and done in 3 weeks. Purrrfect!
    Call me>>>>>>604-707-9996

    ReplyDelete